Monday, October 19, 2020

 BOOK REVIEW: Absinthe by Winter Renshaw


(Standalone)

by: Winter Renshaw

Released Date: August 6th, 2017

Source: Goodreads



The name on the screen was “Absinthe.”

But I knew her as the sultry voice blowing up my phone for late night chats about Proust and Hemingway interspersed between the filthiest little … mutually satisfying exchanges ... I'd ever experienced in my life.

We’d never met. 

Until the day she walked into my office, her cherry lips wrapped around a candy apple sucker and an all too familiar voice that said, “You wanted to see me, Principal Hawthorne?”


AUTHOR’S NOTE: This full-length romance is a complete standalone and contains subject matter that may trigger sensitive readers. All characters are adults and all interactions are consensual. :-)



REVIEW


“Some people are born with silver spoons. I was born with a rusted paring knife. And still, it didn’t break me.”

Out of all student-teacher romance out there, this book surpasses my expectation in every single way, how the story took a different turn and twist and the outcome, I wouldn't wanted it in another way. The wordplay is captivating and sensational. You can feel how compassionate Halston and Ford as a characters. How depth the plot device was. all around dynamic of the storyline singe to my heart.

Her love for me is sweet and understated yet undeniable present until the very last word on the page. And that may be the saddest part of all—she still loves me. And she gave up on me. Because I let her go.

“I’ve loved you since the very beginning. And I’ll love you until the very end.”

“Absinthe + Kerouac Always”

RATING: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 BOOK REVIEW: Sicko by Amo Jones (Standalone Dark Romance) Author: Amo Jones Published: September 1st, 2020 Source:  GR He was my foster bro...