Tuesday, October 20, 2020

 BOOK REVIEW: Suddenly Forbidden by Ella Fields


(Gray Springs University 1)

Author: Ella Fields

Released Date: January 24th, 2018

Source: Goodreads


I thought he'd always be mine,
even when I was forced to say goodbye.

We were never meant to let go,
but it happened anyway.
Too bad I didn’t know someone was waiting to take my place, or I would've held on a lot tighter.

Two years later, we were exactly where we'd always planned to be.
I'd kept my promise.
He'd forgotten all about his.
Not only had he moved on, but the person he'd moved on with was my best friend, leaving me to begin college with a broken heart.

I guess this is the part where I’m supposed to tell you some other guy stepped in, repaired my shattered pieces, and made me smile again.

This isn't that kind of story.

My heart might have been broken,
but it refused to fall out of love.

WARNING: this book contains cheating.


REVIEW

“I’m gonna marry you someday, Daisy June.”

“I’m not scared. You and me … like the moon and the stars, we’re permanent.”

I'm so proud of myself! For finally reading this book. Storyline that has cheating on it isn't my go to read. love triangle is one thing and I'm okay with it. Don't get me wrong i read a few books that has cheating before and I don't mind it if its done flawlessly, the execution, delivery in all.

As for this book it go above and beyond when it comes to angst and forbidden plot device. It delivers all those hostile emotions, the frustration and anguish. Finding your forever at the very young age, to fall in love, planning for the future without overlooking that life isn't work that way. Then one chain of event happened that its out of your control creates the unexpected turmoil that you didn't see coming. Fate can be cruel, and timing just never on your side, that's how this book navigate.

Some things were simply irrefutable and inescapable. The stars, the moon, and the way my heart would always beat in sync with hers.

Let's talk about the cheating story arc in here, (view spoiler) as for Alexis, she's the ultimate snake in the grass (view spoiler) so Quinn the man of the hour, I can't really blame his action, can I??? he was just being a normal horny teenager, so inlove and heartbroken. Didn't know how to deal with reality, so he just decided to pursue Alexis, because she's the closest link, he's desperate to feel something familiar eh, and yes its fucked up, considering he did love her, they're in a relationship, not just a 3 months rebound. So for that reason I struggle a lot to accept his sentiments, the belief system and authenticity isn't quite there and isn't reliable enough for me. He knew its wrong and he regret it so much, and to be honest those cheesy moments between he and Daisy, i can't fully grasp the idea, thinking that he did it with Alexis as well even though it wasn't really implied, still cringeworthy.

We more than meant a lot to each other. We were the breeze that ruffled the dandelions. The sun that scorched our skin red until we searched for reprieve under our favorite willow tree. And underneath the stretch of dark skies, we were each other’s stars.

All around Suddenly Forbidden is a very very well written, the story flows naturally, pacing is great and smoothly done. The characterization isn't that great but still good, they're flawed yet understandable its just make them more interesting and relatable. Being perfect is boring. The story really sucks me in, it consumed me and I'm so invested with everything that was going on. Its unputdownable. Its a maddening ride for sure. Therefore I wouldn't think to reread this. I don't want to undergo with heart surgery again. It's just too painful.

“Because without the stars, the moon is left alone to battle the dark.”


RATING: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 BOOK REVIEW: Sicko by Amo Jones (Standalone Dark Romance) Author: Amo Jones Published: September 1st, 2020 Source:  GR He was my foster bro...