Monday, October 19, 2020

 BOOK REVIEW: Tangled Love by Haley Jenner


(Chaotic Rein 1)

by: Haley Jenner

Released Date: April 13th, 2018

Source: Goodreads





Codi Rein is a means to an end. A bloody and vengeful penance for wrong doing. She was our way to inflict pain and suffering on those who took away what was most important to us.
She was supposed to be a no one. Insignificant.
She wasn’t supposed to make me smile.
She wasn’t supposed to make me laugh.
She sure wasn’t supposed to make me feel anything other than hate.
She wasn’t supposed to make me love her.
She was a means to an end. Now the bloody and vengeful end looks to be mine. Because it now comes down to love or loyalty and it’s on me to decide what reigns absolute; heart or family.







REVIEW


4.5 ✰

Parker Shay is dark. Anger and loss ricochet from his demeanor. I like that I can make him smile.

I’ve got no idea what I’ve tangled myself into, but I know it’s chaotic; twisted and weaved in a way that might be impossible to ever crawl out of, but right now, I don’t want to.

The greatest betrayal, Codi gave me her heart and I took it.

I’m dealing with my own desperation, in sorrow, in regret, in fucking heartbreak.

My love for Codi Rein has forced away the one single person in life who fought for me harder than I fought for myself. Worse part is, I can’t even regret it, because it’s the right fucking thing to do.

Our feelings are a disaster. Twisted and pulled in every direction by fear and need. By intimacy and hate. By loyalty and devotion.

I was planning for our future while he was planning my funeral. I saw marriage and kids and he saw my death as his peace. I fell in love while he was still lost in hate.

Codi Rein may have started as a means to an end, but that was lost the moment I laid eyes on her.

RATING:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 BOOK REVIEW: Sicko by Amo Jones (Standalone Dark Romance) Author: Amo Jones Published: September 1st, 2020 Source:  GR He was my foster bro...