Wednesday, October 21, 2020

 BOOK REVIEW: Now Open Your Eyes by Nicole Fiorina


(Stay With Me 3)
Author: Nicole Fiorina
Published: February 9th, 2020
Source: GR


MIA.
It was so close, I'd tasted it–the freedom.
But the only thing I could taste now was the end.
Over the last two years, I’d let all outside forces dictate my life, my feelings, my head.
I’d allowed everyone to control what my punishment should be for all my wrong-doings.
I’d been tested and learned my lesson.
I’d paid my dues and suffered long enough.
Because in the end,
even the once-upon-a-damned deserved to be happy too.

OLLIE.
How far are you willing to go?
I’d asked myself this very question countless times.
But never in my wildest dreams thought I’d go back in time,
chasing ghosts from my past for a chance to save our future.
So, there was no limit.
No boundaries.
I’d cross time, the world, my morals.
Yes, I’d even double-cross myself.
So, how far would I go?
The answer had always been simple.
I’d go an eternity plus a day past crestfallen.

REVIEW

"The greatest measure of man is what he does next after everything has been taken from him."
- Oliver Masters

I'm so mad at myself for giving this only 3 ★, I'm so invested with the other 2 and tbh this is a bit of let down for me, I dunno perhaps I did have a high expectation. Its just that everything become discombobulated, we're suddenly getting Ethan's POV which IMO isn't necessary it just drag out the story, yes this book was full of drama I mean OTT, don't get me wrong I don't mind the shit and drama in the last previous 2 books. And oh! I also don't get it why every female character (except Mia) are very aggressive and dumb, it really irked me. Plus everytime that Ollie meets a woman/girl I'm on my toes, tiptoeing I felt like any moment he will just snap and fuck up everything. One thing I notice from book two and here, that Ollie's get easily attracts to woman sexually and the author tries to justify his actions or morals by depending that even if he's horny "only" Mia can give his release, I get it he has EID. like I said it becomes repetitive to the point I find myself exhausted reading this. It become a pattern. The drama & conflict are so overplayed. And Mia and Oliver love and bound ain't stronger enough in this. Its quite a lost cause.

RATING: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 BOOK REVIEW: Sicko by Amo Jones (Standalone Dark Romance) Author: Amo Jones Published: September 1st, 2020 Source:  GR He was my foster bro...