Tuesday, October 20, 2020

 BOOK REVIEW: My Darling Arrow by Saffron A. Kent


(St. Mary Rebels 1) 
Author: Saffron A. Kent
Released Date: September 17th, 2020
Source: GR


Darling Arrow,

I shouldn’t be writing this.

It’s not as if I’m ever going to send you this letter and there are a million reasons why.

First of all, I was sent to St. Mary’s School for Troubled Teenagers – an all-girls reform school – as a punishment for a petty, totally inconsequential crime. Not to ogle the principal’s hot son around the campus.

Second of all, you’re a giant jerk. You’re arrogant and moody and so cold. Sometimes I think I shouldn’t even like you.

But strangely your coldness sets me on fire.

The way your athletic body moves on the soccer field and the way your powerful thighs sprawl across that bike of yours, make me go inappropriately breathless.

But that’s not the worst part.

The worst part is that you, Arrow Carlisle, are not only the principal’s hot son.

You also happen to be the love of my sister’s life.

And I really shouldn’t be thinking about my sister’s boyfriend or rather fiancé (I overheard a conversation about the ring that I shouldn’t have.)

Now if I can only stop writing you these meaningless letters that I’ll never send and you’ll never read…

Never yours,
Salem

NOTE: This book is a standalone and DOES NOT contain cheating.

REVIEW

Loving him is the most wonderful, most awful thing in the world.
Loving Arrow is my doom.
So he’s not my dear, he’s my darling, my broken Arrow.

His words are his namesake.
Arrows.
They pierce my heart. The heart that’s not so witchy after all. They make it holey. They make it bleed.

This book gives me everything I want, its super angsty, scorching sex scenes and unrequited love its written amazingly, great characterization and strong plot line. Even the love triangle subplot is very well executed. This book wrecks me, I feel the pining, longing and love of Salem for Arrow since she was 10. Knowing that the love of your life was in love and in a relationship for 8 years with your older sister and you can't do something about it because its your freakin sister your blood and you don't wanna hurt her. It so painful to watch. I find myself crying 😢, thats how deep and heartbreaking this was.

I didn’t fall in love with my Arrow to hurt my sister.
I fell in love with him like dead leaves fall from the branch of a tree and rain falls from a swollen cloud.
I fell in love with him like tears fall when you’re sad and like blood oozes out of your skin when you step on broken glass.

Arrow and Salem's journey to happy ending is not easy, its raw and an emotional turmoil,yet its a beautiful mess and so much worthy in the end.

“Dark curls; Golden eyes.” He rubs our noses together. “Thirteen freckles; Flowers between her thighs.” He skims his lips over mine. “Sweet; So sweet; My heart; My sweetheart.”

This book is well done, an unforgettable love story.

I kiss my darling then.
And my darling kisses his sweetheart.

RATING: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 BOOK REVIEW: Sicko by Amo Jones (Standalone Dark Romance) Author: Amo Jones Published: September 1st, 2020 Source:  GR He was my foster bro...